Call for applications for the AKS Non-Degree Program 2021 in South Korea. The span of the AKS Graduate Fellowship is a half year beginning from first Sep 2020 to 28th Feb 2021. Both International or a Korean public who has finished schooling outside of Korea can apply for this AKS partnership.
The AKS Graduate Fellowship is GSKS’ non-degree program which welcomes global alumni understudies to the AKS and supports them for a half year, giving them a force to develop to be an up and coming age of promising researchers in Korean investigations. AKS Graduate Fellows for the time frame from first September 2019 to 29th February 2020 are presently being looked for. The individuals who seek to enlarge and extend their insight into Korea by leading research at GSKS are exceptionally free to apply.
The AKS Graduate Fellowship is GSKS’ non-degree program is a completely subsidized chance that will cover all the costs of the chose understudies.
The Graduate School of Korean Studies (GSKS), the Academy of Korean Studies(AKS), which is answerable for the Ministry of Education, is research arranged master’s level college in the fields of humanities and sociologies relevant to Korea.
GSKS was set up in 1980 with the point of supporting researchers who will add to the turn of events and globalization of Korean investigations.
|Host country||South Korea|
|Financial coverage||Fully Funded|
|Deadline||May 22, 2021|
AKS Non-Degree Program 2021 provides various scholarship advantages. Below is a list of them:
- Monthly stipend of 750,000KRW
- A round trip airfare
- On-campus guesthouse(free of charge)
- AKS’ professor’s guidance as an academic advisors
- Korean language courses, as well as cultural experience programs, are available free of charge.
The AKS Non-Degree Program 2021 provides:
|Division of Humanities|
Diplomatics and Bibliography
Korean Linguistics·Korean Literature ( Korean Linguistics )
Korean Linguistics·Korean Literature ( Korean Literature )
Division of Culture & Arts
Anthropology · Folklore (Anthropology)
Anthropology · Folklore (Folklore)
Cultural Informatics · Human Geography (Cultural Informatics)
Cultural Informatics · Human Geography (Human Geography)
Division of Social Sciences
Korean Culture & Society
- An applicant should be either a foreign national or a Korean national who has completed education outside of Korea which is compatible with Korea‘s elementary, middle, high school, and college education.
Applicants must meet one of the following conditions: Applicants are
- Enrolled in a Master’s or a doctoral degree program at an overseas university.
- Applicants completed coursework and are in the status of ABD (All But Dissertation) in a Master’s degree program at an overseas university.
- ABD students in a doctoral degree program at an overseas university are NOT eligible for AKS Graduate Fellowship, but eligible for AKS Fellowship run by the AKS’ Center for International Affairs. Recruitment announcement for 2021 AKS Fellowship will be published in Sep 2020 at intl.aks.ac.kr/english.
- An applicant’s research topic should pertain to Korea/Korean studies.
- Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Research Plan
- Certificate of Graduation and Official Transcripts for a bachelor’s degree
- Certificate of Enrollment (or Coursework Completion, or Graduation) and Official Transcripts for a Master’s degree
- Certificate of Enrollment and Official Transcripts for a doctoral degree
- Language Proficiency Certificate(s) (i.g. TOPIK, TOEFL, IELTS)
- A Copy of Passport
- An ID Photo
How to Apply– Process
To apply for the AKS Non-Degree Program 2021:
Applicant’s information should be saved and required files uploaded at gradaks.recruiter.co.kr.
Applicants should designate one of the AKS professors whose specialty is most relevant to their research topic as their academic advisor. Otherwise, GSKS will designate an appropriate professor as an academic advisor.
- Online Application 10:00 Mon 20 April ~ 17:00 Fri 15 May
- Documents Submission (By post or in person) 10:00 Mon 20 April ~ 17:00 Fri 22 May
- Announcement of Selection Result 17:00 Fri 3 July
FAQs about AKS Non-Degree Program 2021
What is AKS Non-Degree Program 2021?
The AKS Graduate Fellowship is GSKS’ non-degree program which welcomes global alumni understudies to the AKS and supports them for a half year, giving them a force to develop to be an up and coming age of promising researchers in Korean investigations.
What are the program details?
AKS Graduate Fellows for the time frame from first September 2019 to 29th February 2020 are presently being looked for. The individuals who seek to enlarge and extend their insight into Korea by leading research at GSKS are exceptionally free to apply.