Excelsior Scholarship Program 2021 is now open for International Students. Students who are wishing to attend New York State’s public colleges and universities should apply for this scholarship program.
The Excelsior Scholarship provides tuition awards to applicable students attending New York State’s public colleges and universities (SUNY and CUNY). This scholarship, in combination with other student financial aid programs, allows students to attend a SUNY college tuition-free.
A beneficiary of an Excelsior Scholarship is eligible to receive award payments for up to two years of full-time undergraduate study in an associate’s degree or four years of full-time undergraduate study, or five years in a program leading to a bachelor’s degree.
Below is the list of details:
|Host country||United States|
|Financial coverage||Fully Funded|
|Deadline||April 30, 2021|
Excelsior Scholarship Program 2021 provides a single benefit to International Students Below is the benefit offered by this particular Program:
- Exemption of tuition fees up to $5,500
Excelsior Scholarship Program 2021 provides programs for International Students under Undergraduate programs. Visit the official website for further details.
To be eligible for this particular Internship Program you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicant must be a resident of NYS and have resided in NYS for 12 continuous months prior to the beginning of the term;
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- Applicant must have either graduated from high school in the United States, earned a high school equivalency diploma, or passed a federally approved “Ability to Benefit” test, as defined by the Commissioner of the State Education Department;
- Applicant must have a combined federal adjusted gross income of $125,000 or less;
- Applicant must be pursuing an undergraduate degree at a SUNY or CUNY college, including community colleges and the statutory colleges at Cornell University and Alfred University;
- Applicant must be enrolled in at least 12 credits per term and complete at least 30 credits each year (successively), applicable toward his or her degree program through continuous study with no break in enrollment except for certain reasons that can be documented;
- if attended college prior to the 2020-21 academic year, the applicant must have earned at least 30 credits each year (successively), applicable toward his or her degree program prior to applying for an Excelsior Scholarship;
- Applicant mustbe in a non-default status on a student loan made under any NYS or federal education loan program or on the repayment of any NYS award;
- Applicant mustbe in compliance with the terms of the service condition(s) imposed by any NYS award that you have previously received; and
- Applicant must execute a Contract agreeing to reside in NYS for the length of time the award was received, and, if employed during such time, be employed in NYS.
Documents Requirements for Excelsior Scholarship Program 2021
Following documents are required alongside Application Form:
- Completed application form;
- Copy of passport bio page;
- Academic transcripts
- Recommendation letter
For more information visit the official website (link provided below)
How to Apply– Process
To apply for the Excelsior Scholarship Program 2021 you should apply online (link provided below) alongside required documents.
FAQs about Excelsior Scholarship Program 2021
Can I get an Excelsior Scholarship to pursue a degree if I already have a certificate?
Applicants who have earned a certificate can receive an award to pursue an associate or bachelor’s degree, provided they immediately enroll in a two-year or four-year program upon completion of their certificate program, and provided all credits have been accepted by the receiving college.
Can I get an award if I’m currently going to a public college?
Yes. Students who are currently attending college are eligible to receive an award, provided they are currently on track to complete their degree on time.