Expand your perspective by profiting from an extraordinary chance. Human Rights Essay Award 2021 is welcoming you to partake in a global competition. Victors will be awarded a full scholarship for studies identified with the Human Rights and Humanitarian Law.
American University Washington College of Law supports a completely subsidized scholarship in the USA for the up-and-comers who will be partaking in Human Rights Essay Award. There are two awards for the champs, one is for the Spanish Essay and the other one is for the English essay.
Applicants who are applying for the yearly competition should have a law degree and have had insight or openness to worldwide human rights. The scholarship would cover travel costs, living recompenses, lodging costs, and may likewise give an opportunity to the awardees to distribute their articles in the American University International Law Review.
A full scholarship will be accommodated a Diploma or Certificate in the field of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law from American University Washington College of Law.
The Human Rights Essay Award is a yearly competition supported by the Academy that looks to animate the creation of insightful work in worldwide human rights law. Members have the adaptability to pick any expose identified with the relegated theme. The essay should be a lawful article. The Academy will concede two Awards, one for the best article in English and one for the best article in Spanish. The Award for each situation will comprise of:
A full scholarship to the Program of Advanced Studies on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law for either the Diploma or Certificate of Attendance alternatives
- Travel costs to and from Washington D.C.
- Lodging at the college quarters
- Outlay for everyday costs
The best articles may likewise be distributed in the American University International Law Review
|Education Level||diploma in human rights|
|Financial coverage||Fully Funded|
|Deadline||February 01, 2021|
Human Rights Essay Award provides various scholarship advantages. Below is a list of them:
- Travel expenses will be provided to and from Washington D.C.
- University dorms will be provided for housing purposes.
- Living expenses will be covered.
- Best articles will get the chance to publish in the American University International Law Review.
Format of Essay:
- The paper should not exceed 35 pages.
- Single-spaced footnotes should be used.
- The author should not use their name in their essays.
- Essays will be accepted in Word document.
To be eligible for this particular Program you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates for the Award must hold a law degree and have a demonstrated experience or interest in international human rights law.
- Past Winners cannot submit essays in future competitions.
- To apply for the Human Rights Essay Award, candidates must choose a subject pertaining to the topic chosen by the Academy for the year. Participants will have the flexibility to choose any subject related to the substantive law relevant to the field. International human rights law can be understood to include international humanitarian law and international criminal law. The paper must be within the scope of the topic or it will be disqualified.
- A Candidate for the Award must submit an unpublished legal article/paper in English or Spanish written solely by that candidate.
- Only one submission will be accepted per applicant in either language. If more than one article is received, it will be left up to the applicant to decide which article to officially submit. Should the applicant not indicate a preference, the first article received by the Academy will be the one considered for the competition.
- The papers must not exceed 35 pages in length, including footnotes. Essays must use Times New Roman font, 12-point double-spaced for the body of the essay and 10-point single-spaced for footnotes. Character spacing must be set to normal. All essays must be on letter-size paper (8.5 x 11 inches/21.59 x 27.94 cm) with 1 inch (2.54 cm) margins all around. Any essay that does not follow the guidelines will be reformatted and 5 points will be taken off. If the essay is longer than 35 pages, it will be automatically disqualified. The essay has to be a legal article; therefore, it will include foot pages and citations. The absence of those will cause that the essay will be disqualified.
- The acceptable format to cite sources is in single-spaced footnotes. If you have questions on the proper usage of footnotes, please consult the “The Uniform System of Citation: The Bluebook.”
- Authors should not put their name or any identifying information in their essays.
- Essays will only be accepted in Word Format
- In addition, each participant must also include a curriculum vitae of no more than three pages in length explaining the experience or interest of the author in human rights issues. Please submit the CV as a separate file from your paper.
- Any appended materials other than a CV will not be accepted. Do not include a bibliography, a list of websites, or any other extra materials. These will be immediately discarded and not considered.
- Essays must be submitted using the online submission form. No emailed entries will be accepted.
- The Academy will confirm via e-mail the receipt of all articles submitted. If you do not receive a confirmation within 48 business hours of sending a submission, please contact us to ensure that we received it.
- Articles must be received by the Academy by February 1, 2021, at 11:59 PM EST. Articles received after the deadline will not be accepted.
How to Apply– Process
To apply for the Human Rights Essay Award:
- All candidates must check the eligibility criteria.
- After that, candidates may apply online via the official website.
- The application would not be accepted by emails.
FAQs about Human Rights Essay Award
Why apply for Human Rights Essay Award?
The Human Rights Essay Award is a yearly competition supported by the Academy that looks to animate the creation of insightful work in worldwide human rights law. Members have the adaptability to pick any expose identified with the relegated theme.
What are the scholarship benefits of Human Rights Essay Award?
The scholarship would cover travel costs, living recompenses, lodging costs, and may likewise give an opportunity to the awardees to distribute their articles in the American University International Law Review.