The Division of Global Engagement is pleased to announce the Oregon Global Corners Scholarship Awards 2022 for International Students. The Division of Global Engagement is especially interested in receiving applications from students who will contribute to the academic excellence and global diversity of our campus, and whose work exemplifies a passion for addressing the collective challenges facing our world in an era of contentious globalization.
The Global Corners scholarship award provides tuition support to new and continuing international students whose recruitment and retention advance the UO’s strategic interests in internationalizing the campus and maintaining a globally diverse student population.
To be considered for the 2022-23 academic year, the student must apply by March 31, 2022. Both new and continuing undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to apply.
International engagement is essential to the academic and cultural vibrancy of the University of Oregon, as it seeks to prepare students for the challenges of the 21st century. The Global Corners Award assists the University of Oregon in its efforts to recruit and retain promising students who come from all corners of the globe, and whose presence on campus helps the university to advance its strategic interests in internationalization.
Consequently, the Global Corners Award helps to implement the UO’s Strategic Framework for 2016-2022, which identifies “[enhancing] diversity and global reach by recruiting top international students” as a key strategic initiative, against the backdrop of “educating the whole person, and to fostering the next generation of transformational leaders and informed participants in the global community.”
|Undergraduate & Graduate
|March 31, 2022
The Global Corners award at University of Oregon offers diverse scholarship benefits. Here is a list of benefits for University of Oregon Scholarships 2022:
- Scholarships up to $45000
- Renewable beyond the first award year, up to a maximum of 12 quarters for undergraduate students and 8 quarters for graduate students
How to Apply-Process
There is a quite simple process to apply for Oregon Global Corners Scholarship Awards 2022.
Students who are interested should submit an application along with the required documents to the International Student and Scholar Services. The applicant has to prepare all required documents and send them by the deadline to the Division of Global Engagement by mail or by email at [email protected]:
1. Global Corners Application Information Sheet
The student applicant must complete an application information sheet that provides personal and contact information as well as information regarding the student’s anticipated financial resources and needs for the award year.
2. Student’s Application Statement
The application statement should be typed or printed by the student and be no more than 500 words in length. In the statement, the student should describe the following points:
- Capacity for academic excellence: The student should explain his/her academic and career interests, showing how these inform the student’s purposes for studying at the University of Oregon. The student is also encouraged to describe their academic potential, achievements, accomplishments, and capacity for academic excellence in their chosen program at the University of Oregon.
- Campus contribution: The student should describe how his/her cultural experiences and background, as well as personal interests, affiliations, and aspirations, will motivate the student to excel at the University of Oregon, increase the academic and cultural vitality of the campus, and help to advance knowledge, research, action and insight into contemporary challenges facing today’s societies.
3. Academic Document Submission Process:
Transcripts from the University of Oregon or Most Recent Academic Institution Transcripts should detail recent academic performance, whether completed at the University of Oregon (for continuing students) or most recent institution of attendance (for new/incoming students). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
4. Two Letters of Recommendation
The student should arrange to have a minimum of two letters of recommendation that provide a high level of support to the student’s application for a Global Corners scholarship.
The recommendation letters may be from current or past faculty or academic advisors, instructors, counselors, supervisors, or any other person capable of attesting to the student’s potential for or record of academic excellence, commitment to cultural diversity and exchange, and service to their communities.
5. Optional: Supplementary Information
Students may submit supplementary information such as a resume/CV, copies of admissions applications, copies of awards/honors given, or other materials that may help to inform the Global Corners scholarship committee’s decision-making process.
FAQs About Oregon Global Corners Scholarship Awards 2022
What does it mean by Oregon Global Corners Scholarship Awards 2022?
The Global Corners award of Oregon University provides tuition support to new and continuing international students whose recruitment and retention advance the UO’s strategic interests in internationalizing the campus and maintaining a globally diverse student population.
What is the worth of Oregon Global Corners Scholarship Awards 2022?
Oregon-Global Corners Scholarship Awards 2022 ranges from $4,500 USD to $20,000 USD per year. A student may receive a maximum amount of up to $45,000 USD as a scholarship under this program.